I opened up Facebook to a Q&A, offering up swag bags to the individuals whose questions I picked to answer. 410 questions were asked!!! FOUR HUNDRED AND TEN! You guys are crazy and I love you!! So, without further ado, here are the answers to my favorite questions. If I picked one of your questions, send an email with your mailing address to: email@example.com
1. Daisy Brick: How did PORN come about? Is it a game you played and made it a part of your book, or since it was a part of your book do you now play it?
Ahhhhh, P.O.R.N. For those of you not familiar with this acronym, it comes from my very first book – Seduction and Snacks. It stands for Pong Organizational Rules and Notices. This is actually a game we used to play at my old job at a brokerage company in cubicle land. I don’t even know how there came to be ping pong balls in the office, but they magically appeared and we HAD to do something with them. It started off with us writing obscene words in Sharpie on the balls and lobbing them over the top of the 6 foot tall cubicle walls to each other. Then it moved on to “If you can toss the ball blindly over the top and it lands in my coffee cup, I’ll buy you lunch.” Within a few weeks it became war. We would sneak around the corner when someone was on the phone and pelt them in the face with it. Extra points if you could bank it off of their overhead cabinet and THEN hit them in the face. There were rules. We had a point system. It was very intricate.
2. JJ Jackson: What are the top 5 played songs on your ipod right now? Do you listen to music while you write or do you prefer silence?
I normally don’t listen to music when I’m writing unless there is a specific song that just MAKES the chapter. Music is very inspirational to me and if I have it on while I’m writing, I won’t be able to concentrate on what I’m doing and will instead start thinking up other ideas! There is only one song I listen on repeat and it’s only for sex scenes. It’s called Bloodstream by Stateless.
Here are the top 5 played songs on my iPod right now:
Stay – Thirty Seconds to Mars
Teenage Dirtbag – Wheatus
Running Up That Hill – Placebo
Lose Yourself – Eminem
The Great Escape – Pink
3. Tori Campbell: Which of your tats is your favorite?
Well, I have 11 tattoos so far (already planning my next one) and they each have very special meanings for me. I’d have to say that this one is my favorite. I got it right after my mom died and that is her actual signature at the bottom of the cross 🙂
4. Sandy Swanger Bartles: When you FIRST began writing, did you keep it a secret or let all your friends and relatives know?
My best friend was the ONLY one who knew! I didn’t even tell my husband. Poor guy. He found out I knew how to write about a month after Seduction and Snacks was published LOL! I really never thought it would turn into anything so I figured there was no sense in telling him about it. I went the traditional route at first and tried submitting it to publishing agents and received 25 rejection letters. Soon after, I found out about self-publishing and thought I’d give it a shot. When it started gaining popularity, I figured it was time to break it to the hubs!
5. Kristin Koziol Reh: I’ve met your kiddos at a book signing, so my question is if Tara Sivec is a pen name? So many authors use them to protect their true identities & families and since you had them in pics them at the wedding this past weekend I assume you are just plain awesome IRL as well as an author and everyone embraces it.
Nope, not a pen name! Since I really thought only a small handful of people would ever read my first book, it never even occurred to me to make up a name! I don’t regret it at all. I’m too scatterbrained as it is. If I had to answer to two different names and try to remember who knew which name and who didn’t, it would be total anarchy.
6. Michelle Santos: If you could jump in to any of your books which one would it be and why?
The main character – Parker, is who I want to be when I grow up! The TV show Alias is still one of my all time favorites. I always imagined myself as a bad ass CIA agent or working for the FBI. I love the idea of a kick ass woman who can hold her own with a group of strong men and still be feminine and hot. Also, if you want to pick up this book, it’s still free at Amazon, Kobo and iBooks 🙂
7. Tammy Huckabee: Which of these wonderful authors that are out there are your favorite? Which will you go to when you have nothing else to do?
I have SO many favorites! If you’re on Pinterest, you can check out my Favorite Reads of 2014 board. Some of my absolute favorite authors are in there. Right now, my go-to author is Tessa Bailey.
8. Kathy Sizemore: Since Gavin is semi based on your son, does your daughter “get” a story soon?
First of all, let me clear something up. Gavin isn’t semi based on my son. HE IS MY SON! 100%. I’ve tried selling him but so far, no takers. If you’ve read Passion and Ponies, then you’ve met Molly, who is loosely based off of my daughter. She has a very dry sense of humor and she’s like a fucking ninja with the way she sneaks up on people. Molly a.k.a. my daughter, will be getting her own book soon!
9. Roselle Torres: How did you meet Mr. Handsome hubby of yours?
We met on the school bus when we were 12. I went to a private Catholic school and he went to public school. Since we lived a mile from each other, I was forced to start riding his bus. He used to make fun of my Catholic uniform EVERY DAMN DAY. I’m pretty sure if my ass could still fit in that skirt he would be eating those words today, 25 years later.
10. Kate Mcnaughton: To be blatantly honest with you, I hadn’t heard of you until a friend posted a comment here & it came up on my news feed. However, I love a good read & I’m always happy to add an author to my ‘must read their stuff!’ list. So, my question is…….why should I read your stuff & where do I start?……sorry, that’s actually two questions!
You should read my stuff because I’m incredibly awesome. And humble. Did I mention awesome? I think I did. If not, I’m awesome. I actually write in a bunch of different genres so it all depends what you like to read. I’ve got romantic comedy, romantic suspense, romantic erotica, romantic mystery/comedy, New Adult drama/romance…If you go to the top of this page under “Books”, you can find them all along with their summaries 🙂